Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 7 - Breastmilk + Rice Cereal = One Happy Baby!

Keegan is 6 months old! And, that means that he gets his first taste of food. 

I'm a big believer in not rushing the introduction of solid food (unless otherwise indicated by a health professional, of course). My first, Jake, was in no hurry to start eating. He was definitely a boob man and didn't understand why he would ever need anything else other than fresh warm milk from the milk bar. Feeding him was such a mess and most of what when in the mouth was spit right out again.

Little Keegan on the other hand has been closely eyeing my food for the past couple of weeks. I caught him on a number of occasion watching me eating intently. His gaze would follow my every move, and as I would take a bite, he would open his mouth and mimic my chewing (you get the picture). This past week I let him play with a soft tip spoon to prepare him for this momentous milestone in his precious little life. He popped the spoon in his mouth as if he new exactly what its purpose was. So it was no surprise that he was a real champ from the very first bite. What was surprising, however, is how ravenous he was! He loved it! He grabbed my hand and shoved the spoon in his mouth as if to say "Not fast enough mommy! I want more, more, more!" And, I was so proud!

Yummy! Yummy!

So hungry! Give me that spoon!
Oh ya! That tastes good!

No comments:

Post a Comment